Education Foundation of Eagle County
The purpose of the Education Foundation of Eagle County is to make specific and targeted recommendations to, and to work in conjunction with the Eagle County School district to retain our...
Volunteer your time to help retain our most qualified teachers, preserve staffing levels, maintain smaller class sizes, conserve and improve one on one teacher-student ratios, and protect vital programs...
Second Success Award in Three Years – 2016 and 2014
The Vail Valley Partnership congratulates EFEC for winning the 2016 Small Nonprofit of the Year award! They work relentlessly to support Eagle County’s educational institutions to make sure teachers and students have the tools they need to succeed. Here are a few reasons why they won at the 14 Annual Success Awards:
- They worked closely with Citizens for Exceptional Eagle County Schools for the successful passing of 3A and 3B on the November ballot
- EFEC helped raise nearly $50,000 in less than 60 days to pay for collateral and advertising needed to educate our community as to WHY these measures were important to our local community, teachers and students. The central approach to the campaign was the website, YESforECS.com
- They provided classroom grants, the distinguished teacher award, apple awards, and hosted “Evening of the Stars” event
What They’re Saying
The founding fathers wrote about a system of community schools that would safeguard the principles of democracy and ensure a shot at the American dream for every child in our nation. In the many decades since the founding of our republic, more and more of society’s woes have been laid at the schoolhouse door. Because we love our children and our community, the people working in our schools gladly accept this responsibility – but we can’t do it alone. The Education Foundation of Eagle County has been an essential partner and absolute lifesaver in supporting our schools in meeting these noble goals.
– Jason E. Glass, Ed.D. | Superintendent & Chief Learner | Eagle County Schools
Please share my thanks with the entire EFEC board for the generous funding of our grant to support early literacy. The additional literacy support for early grades will enable Eagle Valley Elementary to meet students’ individual needs and to raise student achievement. It is wonderful to live and work in a community that cares so deeply about education.
– Tiffany Dougherty | Principal | Eagle Valley Elementary School