E•ƒ(ec) & Great Education Colorado Present: Understanding the Issues Regarding Colorado School Funding
Colorado ranks near the bottom in funding public education. Join E•ƒ(ec) to learn how to be part of the solution. Lisa Weil, Director of Policy & Communications, of Great Education Colorado will explain the background and current issues surrounding public education funding.
- Our Vision: “Every Student Ready for the World”
- Are we making progress? What’s getting in the way?
- Colorado’s Debt to Students – Amendment 23
- TABOR’s impact on education funding, TABOR rebates
- How we can take action now for Colorado’s students
Lisa Weil is a graduate of Greeley Public School, the University of Colorado, and the Yale Law School. Lisa has been a public interest attorney and political consultant. She served as Policy Director and Chief Legal Counsel for former Governor Roy Romer, and as a Legislative Aide to former Senators Timothy Wirth and Bob Kerrey. The mother of two children (14 and 16), Weil was closely involved in the creation and passage of Amendment 23, and co-founded Great Education Colorado.
LOCATION: Battle Mountain High School
DATE: March 05th, 2015
DATE: February 05th, 2015